Selasa, 13 Januari 2009

Kristophorus Abhimata Danujati


Hey, it's been a long time for me not writing on this blog. Well, at this time i want to introduce my new-baby-born nephew. He born this January 7, 2009. He is my big brother's first son. My brother gave him a beautiful name: Kristophorus Abhimata Danujati. A very javanese name. Actually his name comes from 'kawi' language, old javanese languange. His name Kristphorus is a baptist name referring to St. Christopher, a Catholic Saint. 'Abhimata' means love and hope, while 'Danu' means light, shine and 'jati' means true, forever.
It has been a javanese tradition to give their children a meaningful name. We do not seem really care about Shakespeare said about, "What a name is!" For us, the javanese, the children's name is the symbolization of parents hope. The sincere prays of the parents for their children are statued in their children names.
Well, Little Kristo... we hope that you will always spread your love and hope forever...

1 komentar:

estehmanisaromastrawberry mengatakan...

this is my first time writing in English. Please tell me if you find any mistake. Thank you very much!